When is Rhubarb In Season?
Only the stalks of the rhubarb plant can be safely eaten. Rhubarb leaves (cooked or raw) contain toxins that are poisonous.
RhubarbTeach About Rhubarb
Food Kids Veggie Vibes: Rhubarb (PDF|1MB). Utah State University.
Classroom Connections (PDF|741KB). Oregon Harvest for Schools.
Focus on Fruits: Grades 2-3 (PDF|244KB). Iowa Nutrition Network.
Rhubarb Handout (PDF|1.3MB). Montana State University Extension.
Find Recipes with Rhubarb
- Rhubarb Recipe USDA Mixing Bowl.
Learn About Rhubarb
- Rhubarb: Nutrition. Selection. Storage. Produce for Better Health Foundation.
- Vegetables and Fruits for Health: Rhubarb. University of Maine Cooperative Extension.
- Watch Your Garden Grow: Rhubarb. University of Illinois Extension.
- How to Can and Freeze Rhubarb. Penn State Extension.
- Canning Rhubarb - Stewed: Step-by-Step Directions. University of Minnesota Extension.