Delaware State Developed Materials
DelawareThe First Years in the First State Toolkit: Improving Nutrition and Physical Activity Quality in Delaware Child Care
Nemours Health and Prevention Services (NHPS) for the Delaware Department of Education.
A guide for child care providers to meet Delaware nutrition and physical activity requirements. Includes 16 weeks of approved menu cycles and recipes, shopping lists and tips, age-appropriate physical activities, and ideas for engaging children, staff, parents and the community. The toolkit includes:
- Delaware licensing rules for nutrition, physical activity and screen time in child care;
- Self-assessments for child care homes and centers;
- 16 weeks of approved menu cycles and recipes;
- Shopping lists and budget-saving shopping tips;
- Ideas for engaging children, staff, parents and the community;
- Age-appropriate physical activities and ways to include physical activity in lesson plans;
- Tips and tools for reading nutrition labels, motivating picky eaters, storing food safely and modeling healthy habits; and
- Lists of books, websites and local resources.